Alice + Whittles is a Sustainable Canadian Outdoor brand that employs natural, up-cycled and recyclable materials to design versatile outdoor essentials.
We focus on what matters: design, sustainability, quality, versatility comfort and integrity. We create outdoor footwear that you actually want to wear. Anytime, anywhere, on or off the beaten trail.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we are a tight-knit, diverse team of people from around the world. Our diversity is what makes us stronger. Sofi Khwaja, our CEO, is a BIPOC woman, which puts us in a unique position to truly represent our diverse community of outdoor enthusiasts. We are committed to ensure diversity in all our ranks as we grow.
Here are the positions currently open:
Alice + Whittles is looking for a part-time graphic designer to support the development of our content across all channels. This position will be key to developing the digital presence of our brand, and helping to deliver strong storytelling on a consistent basis.
- Part-time (15-20 hours per week) to start.
- Monday to Friday working hours
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Digital layouts for website, newsletters and social media.
- Design compelling graphics to be used on media platforms
- Design and creation of print-ready artworks for packaging, postcards, etc.
- Design compelling packages for influencer & press gifting
- Assist in the development of marketing campaigns
- Responsible for the development of weekly digital ads for Facebook & Instagram
- Developing innovative design concepts and initiatives for the brand
- You have a keen eye for design and trends and appreciate a fun, outdoor but minimalist aesthetic
- 2+ years experience in delivering high quality, consistent graphic design work
- Highly proficient in Creative Cloud - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, PremierPro
- Ability to create and edit simple video content and motion graphics for social media
- Previous experience designing and creating newsletters
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape and social media platforms
- You work well under pressure and are able to multi-task
- Enthusiastic, can-do approach
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results
- No task too small attitude, willing to wear multiple hats in small team environment
- You’re passionate about the future of fashion and manufacturing, and have an understanding of the sustainable fashion landscape
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Graphic Design Position” attaching your CV, and a link to your portfolio for review.
- Have previous experience using and managing an Instagram account would be considered a plus.